With this luxurious SUV, you go big or go home!
Whether it’s transporting a big family, having a load of ski gear to haul, a fondness to travel in luxurious roominess, the thrill of turning heads on the road or all of the above, the 2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali is a sound choice to answer your desires.
Our Denali trim review model was dressed in a striking “Midnight Amethyst Metallic” purple-shade exterior embellished with 22-inch aluminum wheels with painted insert. HID projector headlamps, power-retractable running boards and a hands-free power lift gate add to the package, and the latter two deliver quite a show when activated.
Inside, the amenities considered standard by GMC’s measures truly pamper passengers. In addition to the plush leather, the tech-savvy will truly appreciate the OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot (three-month trial), Bluetooth connectivity and an Intellilink system with an eight-inch diagonal touchscreen that includes navigation. A 110-volt AC power outlet and a universal home remote provide quite the blissful interior in the roomy, three-row cabin.
And the driving experience? Phenomenal. A smooth-running 6.2L V8 Ecotech eight-speed automatic engine brings on the power. It’s enhanced with an applauded magnetic ride control that delivers a smooth ride regardless of road conditions. Automatic rear load-leveling suspension rids the vehicle of the hassle of a dragging bumper when something heavy is hitched.
The vehicle merits above-par safety rankings due to numerous airbags (including head curtain and side impact throughout the cabin), a forward collision alert, side blind-zone notifications and a rear-vision camera that gives the driver even more confidence when operating this well-appointed vessel on the road.
When adding the highly suggested Denali Premium Package boasting the aforementioned running boards and 22-inch wheels; rear seat entertainment system; head-up display, and more ($7,760), this vehicle certainly solidifies its prestigious standing in the world of large SUVs.
- MSRP: $69,470/$77,925 with Denali Premium Package, $500 Open Road Package Discount and Destination Charge
- MPG: 14 city/20 highway, 16 combined
- For more information, visit GMC.com and Onstar.com
- Hitch-Mounted Bicycle Carrier (2 Bikes) – $269
- Hitch-Mounted Bicycle Carrier (4 Bikes) – $299
- Hitch-Mounted Ski Carrier – $249
- Hitch-Mounted Stowage Compartment – $575
- Roof-Mounted Bicycle Carrier – Wheel Mount – $199
- Roof-Mounted Kayak Carrier (Set-to-Go Kayak Saddles) – $179
- Roof-Mounted Kayak Carrier (Folding J) – $189
- Roof-Mounted Ski Carrier – $214
- Roof-Mounted Stand-Up Paddle Board Carrier – $160
- Roof-Mounted Luggage Carrier (Ascent 1700) – $499
- Roof-Mounted Luggage Carrier (Black) – $449