“I spend a lot of money marketing in several different media and it works. The problem is, I don’t know which programs work and which waste my time and money.”
I hear that a lot. It’s a problem all business people face, and it’s tempting to just opt for online marketing because it’s so measurable. You just count the clicks, right?
Wrong. First, not all those clicks represent prospective clients. Second, even on established sites like Facebook, there’s a lot of rumor and hearsay. You’ve heard people say, sarcastically, “Well, I read it on the internet, so it must be true.” A rumor mill makes for somewhat less than a flattering showroom for your business.
Print, especially high-quality magazines like Roaring Fork Lifestyle, have very strong advantages. Forbes magazine wrote about them not long ago, mentioning these benefits:
- Tangibility – A magazine is a physical thing. It can stay in a home or an office for months or years, while internet ads disappear almost immediately.
- Credibility – All those popups and banner ads are overwhelming. Fear of spam, viruses and identify theft make people wary. But print conveys legitimacy.
- Target Marketing – Magazine ads can effectively reach audiences that are hard to reach online, particularly in small geographic areas. Most consumers use products and services within 10 to 15 miles of their homes or businesses. Online ads aren’t that targeted. (On LinkedIn, if you’re in an 816XX zip code, for example, you are identified as being in Grand Junction!)
- More Engaging – Magazines entertain and inform, so people settle in for a good read. Studies show that websites are usually skimmed in as little as 15 seconds!
- Differentiation – On the web, you usually get just a few words and tiny photo, so it’s hard to stand out from the herd.
Finally, there’s the issue of partnership. On the net, ads are so impersonal you place them with an online form and rarely, if ever, talk to a human being!
Here at Roaring Fork Lifestyle, we think of our advertisers as marketing partners. We know them by name. Our expertise and years of experience are at your beck and call. And we pitch in to make you successful, because when you succeed, so do we!